The "Data Replication" option is used for replicating data from the Source to Target. The "Data Replication" option includes setting for creating entities/tables in the Target if they do not exist.
To perform "Data Replication" using the appRules Data Migration Engine, drag-and-drop the MigrateData workflow activity from the toolbox on to the designer and configure as follows:
- 1.Enter a display name and description for the workflow activity or accept the defaults.
- 2.Select "Data Replication" as the Data Migration Type.
- 3.Select the Default Source. If the Source data source does not exist, you can use the New Data Source button to add it.
- 4.Select the Default Target from the list. The Target must be one of the supported data sources for data replication including ADLS, AmazonS3, Azure Synapse, Cassandra, DB2, Databricks, BigQuery, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Redshift, SQL Azure, SQL Server, etc.
- 5.Click on the "Replicate In" button to configure the connection properties for the Target.
Click the OK button on the "Initialize Data Migration Activity" dialog to accept the entries and continue.
The Source Entities selection modal will be displayed:
Select the Source entities to be replicated in the Target.
Click OK and the "Target Entities Collection" modal will be displayed:
Note that the system automatically generates properties for all collection items including data record field mapping and schema for creating the target entity/table.
To view or modify the table creation properties, click on the TargetPrimaryEntityName property:
To view or modify the column definitions, click on the DataFields property:
Configure all required properties of the Target Entities Collection.